Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Sober New Year

I've never liked New Year all that much. As a regular drinker I'm afraid I was one of those dings moaning on about part timers filling up my pub. Now it's not much more than another day in the calender. 

One is supposed to look forward and look back. I don't feel all that inclined to be doing that at the moment. 

I've had an OK day. Mag and me went out for a ramble round a local wetland reserve. It was very nice. Very flat. Ate a sausage sandwich (as part of my Tools for my recovery, I forgot to mention diet). Came back. 

I do have New Year's resolutions. Experts in making change tend to be against such things, which is fair enough. I just want to keep on on this path, staying sober, changing my life. To give myself something small and manageable I've come up with a couple of things I want to do daily. 

1 - Meditate 

2 - Leave the house

There. Good reachable goals that will have a positive effect. 

My no smoking lasted just about an hour after I'd posted about it on here. I'm not going to quit smoking as a New Year's resolution - I'm on the right path there and will get over the line soon enough. 

I'll have a quiet night tonight, maybe making a list. 

Where ever you are and whatever you're doing have a wonderful, safe celebration and I wish for you all the things you wish for yourself in 2015. 

If you spent it thank you for your time. If you'd like to chat, leave a comment or send a mail.